Tuesday, December 02, 2014

What are you thankful for today?

Thanksgiving was over and done with few days ago.  I don't celebrate Thanksgiving but I love it, even though we don't get a holiday on this day as we are not in States.  But I totally get it... I mean the significance of this day... counting blessings, not forgetting people we love and taking time to enjoy this special day with them... Even though most romantic comedies involving American families have used this day to showcase how awkward and awful some gatherings could be.  Still, it remains the most favourite holiday of mine since uni days in States as we always get the long weekend off... hehehe... beautiful memories... not involving the crazy black Friday shopping though... they didn't have that yet then...

Totally off tangent.

I was laying in bed, feeling calm, contented... because I had a good day... and counting my blessings.  Now that my bombastic diarrhea is finally gone, my mind is cleared... and I can type and think with ease... no, I don't think with my @ss, but when you are dehydrated and weak from running to and fro the toilet, you tend to forget to see the good around you.

First, Landon can finally write... simple numbers, with the correct sequence, with help... but he can... and he wants to.  I am HAPPY.  Very happy....  apparently, the trick is to keep the time short, but practise often throughout the day... 

Second, we finally paid the setup fee for Landon's course in Melbourne and the school has gotten back to us.  I finally accepted the reality that I will be going with Landon for the EI program.  At the back of my mind, I kept finding excuses and signs not to go... Kept thinking of the fear of being separated from J and A... living out of my comfort zone in a strange land... sigh..
Also, the amount of money we are going to spend.... and what if results are not satisfactory?  Much ado about nothing...  What if all he needed was time to grow and blossom...

Third, I couldn't find anything to worry about...

Fourth, did some online shopping...

Fifth, came to terms with the loss of my stock portfolio...

Well,  today,  I am thankful for everything I mentioned above...

And today, I remember someone's mum said: Don't worry about the future... Make sure we do our best now... And the future will take care of itself..




No comments: