Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Online shopping... yeay or nay

First, there was ebay, Amazon, then, there are a milliom others... even Friendster and Instagram.

Yes, I have fallen prey to online shopping...

I sat in the comfort of my PJs, willing strangers million of miles away to take money away from my bank, without even opening my wallet...

I AM AN ADDICT...   no, I am not a shopaholic... I am just an online shopaholic.  The most I have partednwith is USD 15k... and what am I doing????????????  I had never seen the product.  Only low pixel pictures online for pete's sake....  It is the excitement and adrenaline rush of clicking the Pay button... and the anticipation of waiting for the parcel, ... opening it!

It's like receiving presents!

Well well,  half the time I was estatic.... items were exactly as promised... half the time I felt downright cheated.  The worst scenario would be to receive a diffrerent object as shown in the website.  Swindlers.  Complaints were ignored.  Returns were rejected.  Good thing they were small items...

What had happened to me?

I used to scoff at people desperate enough to buy online from small retailers, especially for branded goods.  I mean, all sorts of risks are there.... fakes, different items as seen in pictures, faulty items hidden in low pixel photographs, used items passing off as brand new.

Seriously, online shopping like a gambling addiction.  You need to have major losses or serious burns to keep off.... bad experience is the best cure.

Meanwhile, I am going to continue my online shopping with big name shops for small items.... like books ok... I mean the weight of ten books is something to be reckoned with... and they sell them at half the price local book store is retailing... and the selection is hundred times bigger.

Nuff said...



No comments: