Monday, December 08, 2014

Is it December already?

I love December.  December is like the Sunday of the year.

When I was much younger, I always take time to reflect in the last month of the year and then write down my New Year's Resolutions..

Do people still have New Year's Resolutions?  I think most of us know from the very minute we pen down these NYR that we will never fulfill all that we have written.  But it always feels nice, doesn't it?  It is as if we are given a fresh start, a second chance to do good...

Reflections:
2014 has been a difficult year for me so far.

Seaparation:
I spent the first three months of the year being separated from my husband and daughter and had to take full responsibilties for Landon.  I had no one to share or talk to about my worries, about my loneliness, about my pain, about my anger, about my sadness.

On top of that, I had to cook and clean... that amplified the hardships I was facing...

I think it got better each month... And I think it was directly corelated to spending few days apart as a family...

Child:
L has improved tremendously over the last six months and I think the therapies and patience and monies have finally paid off....

He knows a lot of vocabs now and can understand most of the things we say now.  He still needs to improve on articulation, reading and writing ... but we are thankful as it is.

Career:
The little that I have left...  we pursued a Child eduation franchise.  We got it but I couldn't follow through with it because I have decided to focus 100 percent on L for the next one year.  I don't feel much regret or loss as ening a franchise here is not in line with my long term goals.  But am peased we got it and thought it wold have been a great learning experience for me.  Coincidence, or is it the stage of our life? ... my bff is setting up a new biz too.

Overall, the year has been difficult but I am glad that it wasn't all that bad.  It has been a long and winding road... but we still get there didn't we.

2015 Resolutions:
1.  Shop less online!
2.  Be patient
3.  Learn to Draw
4.   Learn to Bake
5.  Complain less
6.  Read more
7. Listen more
8.  Exercise!
9.  Be happy...






No comments: